In addition to covering how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your information, this policy also discloses our purpose and lawful basis for processing your personal information, and your related rights. Our legal basis for collecting and using personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In most cases, the lawful basis will be that the processing (i) is necessary for our legitimate interests in carrying out our business with you, including direct marketing, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests, or (ii) is necessary to perform a contract with you. Where processing is based on your consent, we will identify the processing purposes and provide you with relevant information to make the processing fair and transparent. If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
Collection and Sources of Information
Depending on the context in which you interact with us, TipVille may collect or receive the following information:
- Service Information: When you use our Services, we receive information generated through your use of the Services, either entered by you or others who use the Services, or from the Services infrastructure itself.
- Performance and Usage Data: We may collect statistical, usage, configuration, and performance data of the Services to monitor the performance, integrity, and stability of the Services. Further, we may use and disclose this information for any purpose, provided that such data is first de-identified.
- Information from Third Parties: We receive information from third party business partners such as the contact details of prospects and sales leads from our resellers. In addition, we collect information from public databases or other data you may have made publicly available, such as information posted on professional networks and social media platforms.
Location Information: Some of our applications collect general location information based on IP address. This information is used to customize the services provided to you, such as location-based information of specific managed devices. Location information is only viewable by the end user. We do not use, disclose, or sell location information for the purposes of providing targeted marketing or advertisements.
Use of Collected Information
We may use the information we collect or receive for the following purposes:
- To carry out the purpose for which it was originally collected or received.
- To provide, operate, maintain, and improve our products and services.
- To respond to your inquiries and provide support.
- To process and complete transactions, and send you related information.
- To monitor the performance, integrity, and stability of the Services.
- To address or prevent technical or security issues.
- To customize your experience related to the Services and display content that we think you might be interested in according to your preferences.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Controlling or Modifying Cookies. If you accept a cookie, you can delete it at any time (e.g., as soon as you leave our websites) through your web browser. If you do not wish to receive cookies or wish to manage when you accept cookies in general, you can set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use certain features or functionality of our Services that depend on your web browser accepting cookies.
TipVille may be required to disclose an individual’s information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
International Data Transfer
Your personal information might be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are a resident. These countries may have data protection and privacy laws that are different than the laws of your home country. TipVille only transfers personal information to other countries in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws, provided there are legally adequate protections in place for the personal information.
Protection and De-Identification of Information
Taking into account the risks involved in the processing, the nature of information processed, and to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction while maintaining data accuracy, TipVille has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial policies and procedures to safeguard the information TipVille collects. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen or we have given you a username and password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping the username and password confidential. Although we do our best to protect the information, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your information.
TipVille retains your information (including your sensitive information) in an identifiable form for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which it was collected. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide Services to you, for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our Services, and the length of time thereafter during which we may have a legitimate need to reference your information to address issues that may arise;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject, for example, certain laws may require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them; and
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position, such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations.
Other Limits to Your Privacy
TipVille is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. TipVille has no control over the use of such websites, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any information on these websites.
To protect your privacy and security, TipVille may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections to or deleting your account.
TipVille processes some personal information solely on behalf of its customers in the course of delivering Services. This personal information is processed to accomplish the business purposes of the customer to whom the Services are provided, and often, TipVille will not have a direct relationship with the subject of this personal information. In these cases, TipVille recommends first contacting the organization to which your personal information was originally provided with any data privacy questions. The organization can contact TipVille if escalation of your query is necessary.